Saturday, May 24, 2008

On the anniversary

There are some days in life which can only be recollected and cannot be relived. 366 days back, that was one day which qualifies for the above sentence. May 2nd 2007 was the day where we invited a new member to our family, the one who carried all responsibility of standing by my brother and family every moment of her life form now on. The grace with which both, it would be better to call as ONE, took up the responsibility in one of the most grandiloquent ceremonies ever imaginable (to me), thanks to one and all that made the event a SUCCESS. That was the day which was decided by the GOD himself to unite probably reunites the couple. I say reunite is to specify that this relation might have been decided in their previous lives. Leaving the theological part, I am here to remember those moments after the fall of the first year in the hundred years to follow. This one year the souls in two different bodies have combined to give rise to a well cherished dream of our family, happiness and more happiness to all the people around this relationship. In the past 1 year, there were 365 days to be remembered, but there are moments which stand out. To name a few, the new couple traveling to Sweden, the news of having a child, the Shashtipoorthi ceremony of our father. Sorry that I could not quote many coz I have got a very poor memory. To elaborate on the moments I quoted, the first one was about a mixed bag for the family. It was filled with JOY coz it was being considered as a extended honeymoon and was also filled with some grief because it was a newly wed couple going away from home. Coming to the next one, that moment was the moment which filled happiness in the whole family. That was one more moment I would cherish as I felt (for a moment) responsible and at the same time childish and all kinds of feelings running in my small mind (if any). The third moment is that moment that made them immortal. I could find no words to match the moment.

All the greetings given to this 1 year young couple will shower as blessings to the one who will be responsible to add more flavor in their lives and the one who increases the bonding in the family.
These are some lines I liked to jot down in the remembrance of the past 1 year.

No comments: